What shows are you guys working on right now?
So, again in the survey, most of you said that your favorite part of this blog is “theatre tales.” And guess what? That’s mine too!!
But it’s up to you guys to send them in, to keep that awesome feature going!
So please, please, PUH-LEASE send in your stories!
Sawdust is really just carpenter confetti.
In the shop today, constructing new flats with the TD.
TD: Now, this wasn’t actually intended for this….
Me: *gives him perplexed look*
TD: This is a staple gun for upholstery.
TD: But it also has no safety so when you use it be careful, because *points gun at opposite wall and shoots*
*staple hits and sticks a hardwood door 25ft away*
TD: I…should probably turn down the pressure from the compressor since I’m not using the big gun anymore.
*Submitted by rubyshila
HEY if you have Experience in the nyc theatre industry and would be willing to give me some (very minimal!!) input/advice on a short-term career decision i have to make p soon, please let me know?
- Me: So.. this show I'm working on has allotted only 1.5 hours to hang, cable, focus, and program the show.
- This has got to be a joke.
- Megan: I hope they meant 15
- Me: Nope. Says 10:30 AM - 12 PM
- Megan: What show!?
- Just email the production manager; "subject-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA body- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"